Where Can Virtual Reality Be Implemented In The Field Of Mobile Apps & Devices?
What is VR? : VR abbreviation for Virtual Reality, is a smartphone technology, where a user goes through different visual and audio experiences going on a mobile phone’s screen. To come across this, the user has to wear special headsets called the VR headsets, on which the mobile phone is placed and earphones are plugged in. A VR headset is like a spectacle except that it’s not. To experience VR, the phone has to be switched to VR mode, where the screen splits into two, so that the image on the screen can be viewed from both the lenses thus, giving the user an immersive experience. This experience is further enriched and enhanced with the audio to amplify its effect. It’s something like a kaleidoscope but is a more advanced and digitally equipped version of it.
- Movies – This is the prime application of the VR technology. As discussed previously, VR technology provides users with a captivating experience. This property of VR technology has been aptly picked by the modern entertainment houses and they have begun with the VR movie experience at movie theaters. Members of the audience are given VR headsets and shown the movie on a mobile device that’s affixed in the VR headset. The sound gets an output through the speakers installed in the movie theater. When combined, the audience gets elated at such a personal experience. They feel as if they’re in the movie. This generates a lot of enthusiasm for the movie goers and generates revenues for the movie makers.
- Museums –Virtual Reality has the ability to create an environment of its own. This can be used in creating or replicating dynamic environments for museums from across the world with the help of a mobile app. This way, the aficionados of history, art, science, etc. can take a virtual tour of any museum across the globe with a real-life experience without having the need to be physically present over there.
- Business – VR is a portable, compact and easily distributed technology. It is because of this feature that it has found its way into business operations such as training of employees, a tour of the organization, details of the product, etc. All it needs is a mobile app that has the required information and has a VR mode. This saves the time and the cost required to otherwise fulfill these tasks.
- Medical Sciences – As discussed in the point above, Virtual Reality can be used to train new doctors, can provide detailed images and videosof surgeries, help assist doctors in operating patients remotely, etc. and what not. It can also be used to cure fear in patients. For instance, a patient who’s claustrophobic can be exposed to a simulated claustrophobic environment and can be trained to overcome the fears. Apps containing the simulated environment, the diagnosis and operation process can be developed and be made compatible with the VR technology to expand its usage.
- Real-Estate -VR’s immersive and engrossing experience provides an advantage to real estate brokers and owners to offer their customers or prospective clients, a virtual tour of the property and also a tour of the concept of the home they are looking forward to, through a mobile app. Also, not just the videos, but, photos can also be uploaded in VR format and what’s more? Your customers don’t have to come all the way to the construction site to see the progress or make a booking.
- Education –VR has unlocked a new door to learning and its fun. The industrial visits, the syllabus, can all be conceived on a VR platform and made available to pupils to interact and study. This engages students in a different way and makes learning fun. The Geometric Shapes, Science, History, etc. can all be made fun to learn. Also, people tend to remember the things more profusely that they see. We already have plenty of apps for education and learning purposes. We just need to make them VR enabled.
- Aviation –A surreal experience like flying an airplane can be made easier to learn and could be made much more interesting. Often VR headsets can be coupled with joysticks, which can help aspiring fliers learn the art of flying. Flying simulation mobile apps can do the job easily and when coupled with VR technology, can prove to be an efficient tool in learning the art to fly. The experience is near real and entertaining.
- Automobile Engineering & Manufacturing – Just like in the cases above, the VR technology can also help in boosting the productivity of Automobile Engineering & Manufacturing. Videos and photographs of the machine, parts of a car or an entire car can be displayed on the VR headsets of each employee so that they can have a close look at what they are dealing with and how to go ahead with it. This in-depth and detailed analysis helps them to perform better and come up with a better product. All a company need is to have an app dedicated to this learning process with the cutting-edge VR technology. The interaction that it provides is beyond explanations.
- Defense – One of the most fruitful usages of the VR technology is its use in the defense. It can help in training soldiers for a combat without them getting injured. All kinds of knowledge, including Warzone simulations, medical treatment, etc. can efficiently be disseminated to them. A virtual walk-through of the battleground, strategies to follow and many other things can be done using VR technology. A mobile app that simulates a battlefield environment can help the soldiers to strategize and prepare well for the threats on the front.
Conclusion:The development and advancement of technology have always happened to uplift mankind and make the world a better place to live in. With VR technology, we have just taken a step ahead in that direction. VR technology coupled with mobile app development can be a game changing tech the world needs and deserves.